One common question people have when taking collagen supplements is, "what is the best time to take collagen?" In this blog post, we will explore the different factors that can impact the optimal time to take your collagen supplement and provide some recommendations on when to take collagen to maximize its benefits.
Factors that affect the optimal time to take your collagen supplement
- Why you are taking collagen: The reason for taking collagen can also influence the optimal time to take it. For instance, if you are taking collagen to improve joint health, it may be best to take it before or after a workout since it can help to reduce inflammation and promote tissue repair. Alternatively, if you are taking collagen to improve skin health, it may be best to take it before bed since collagen production is highest during the body's natural repair cycle that occurs during sleep.
- What works for one person may not work for another: Everyone's body is unique, and there may not be a one-size-fits-all answer to the best time to take collagen. Factors such as age, gender, body weight, and overall health can influence how quickly collagen is absorbed and utilized by the body. It may be helpful to experiment with different times of the day to determine when your body responds best to collagen supplementation.
The best time to take collagen:
- In the morning: Taking collagen in the morning can be a great way to start your day off right. Collagen can help to boost energy levels and improve mental clarity, making it an excellent addition to your morning routine. Additionally, taking collagen in the morning can help to improve digestion and nutrient absorption throughout the day. If you struggle with fatigue opt for our Marine Collagen as it contains Vitamin C, which will help fight fatigue and reduce tiredness.
- After a Workout: Taking collagen after a workout can help to promote tissue repair and reduce inflammation in the body. This can be especially beneficial for individuals who engage in high-intensity workouts or activities that place a lot of stress on their joints. Consuming collagen after a workout can also help to replenish glycogen stores in the body, which can improve recovery time and reduce muscle soreness. Sacred Glow Co. has a Collagen Whey Protein which will give you both the benefits of collagen and protein powder.
- Before Bed: Taking collagen before bed can help to promote better sleep and improve skin health. Collagen production is highest during the body's natural repair cycle, which occurs during sleep. Taking collagen before bed can help to support the body's natural collagen production and improve skin elasticity and firmness.
You can take your collagen at any time of day, but there are some times that are better than others!
You can take your collagen at any time of day, but there are some times that are better than others! If you take it in the morning, your body will have all day to digest and absorb the nutrients. In fact, taking it right when you wake up is ideal because this is when your body needs them most--especially if you're doing something active like running or weight training later on in the day.
If you prefer to take it before bed, or as close to bedtime as possible, then this will also work well for absorption purposes, just make sure not to consume anything else after taking your collagen supplement so that there's no chance for digestive issues during the night that will disturb you sleep.
The best time to take collagen can vary based on individual factors such as the form of supplementation, the purpose of consumption, and personal preference. However, taking collagen in the morning, after a workout, or before bed can provide numerous benefits to the body, such as improved energy levels, tissue repair, and skin health. Ultimately, the best time to take collagen is the time that works best for you and your body. We recommend trying the different timings to see which works best for you depending on your lifestyle.